"Don't be afraid of perfection- you can never reach it" Salvador Dali

marți, 24 martie 2009

TOKty

I can't belive it....I just wrote a whole article about my tok discussion about judging people and making decisions based on the background of the person.
I had to choose a student: one with a rich background and big grades and the second one which had a unfortunate childhood being abandoned by parents because he/she was HIV positive and he had grades almost as big as student 1.
I chose student one because justice is blind and we are supposed to judge by merits.
Beside all of this I gave example teste don my skin. I remembered that a few months ago I was supposed to give a test and that in the night before the test when I was supposed tu study, I had a fight with my parents and could not study and the next day I had a bad score.
Who care that I had a problem? You? The eacher? The IB examiner? NO, no one!
sorry dear student number 2 but justice is blind and so am I, life is a game and a jungle, we have to fight to reach our goals.

Un comentariu:

ChriSmilla spunea...

and yet some universities value personal background over the academic achievements in some cases... Should they do that?

P.S. Love the new header!